Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hey Mister, newspaper?

I know it might be a little early to begin thinking about my career, but I've decided that my first foray into the world of business will be as a paperboy. I've already got my transportation arranged, as you can see in this photo, and my Mommy picked up this nifty hat for me. Daddy says I look like a goombah with this hat, but my fellow paesanos know this is standard issue for paperboys.

Yesterday I got 4 shots; 2 in each thigh. Needless to say, I wasn't happy about it. However, I have been assured that I'm protected against a wide range of diseases that need to face viral extinction.

I had a very nice Easter, but since it was my first one, I wasn't quite sure what it was all about. So I asked my Dad, "What is Easter?"

He replied "Easter is the Christian holiday that coincides with the Jewish celebration of Passover. Jesus and his disciples were eating at the last supper and Jesus was later deceived and turned over to the Romans by one of his disciples. The Romans took him to be crucified and he was stabbed in the side, made to wear a crown of thorns, and was hung on a cross with nails through his hands. He was buried in a nearby cave which was sealed off by a large boulder. Every year the boulder is moved aside so that Jesus can come out... and, if he sees his shadow, there will be six more weeks of winter."

Dad sure does know his holidays!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's awesome!!!! Proud of you kiddo, you're gonna grow up to be bigger than a paperboy, I assure you that. I will teach you everything I know so you'll be a very successful DC/Marvel Comic Super Hero!!!